Last Name Noulas
First Name Christos
Your function Assistant Researcher/Soil-Plant Relations (PhD)
Your institution Hellenic Agricultural Organization "Demeter". General Directorate for Agricultural Research. N.AG.RE.F./Industrial and Forage Crops Institute
Type of organization
- Centre de rechercheResearch centerCentro de investigación
- Organisation professionnelle agricoleAgricultural Professional OrganizationOrganización profesional agraria
Postal address 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) email@example.com
Other country Greece
Your area of work
Your expertise to share within the network
Theme of expertise
- Agronomie et Systèmes de cultureAgronomy and Cropping systemsSistemas de Cultivos
- Génétique et Amélioration des plantesGenetics and Plant breedingGenética y fitomejoramiento
First working language AnglaisEnglishIngles
Other language, specify Crop Nutrition
That the network can bring you
What do you expect of a collaborative network on quinoa? To share experimental knowledge, experiences and germplasm and to participate in international collaborative projects related to Quinoa. I also expect to contribute as co-author on technical reports and papers concerning Quinoa crop production
What degree of interest do you have in professional networks? I have an interest to participate in a network with other scientists in research on quinoa crop -water relations, response of quinoa to salt and drought stresses and to low input environments. We have tested various quinoa varieties under marginal (saline -sodic) soil conditions, and evaluated to crop for yield and other agronomic traits however, we haven’t been able to solve quinoa production extension, commercialization, continue our experiments and persuade farmers to adopt this new crop.
What suggestions would you make for the future development of the quinoa network? In the future the network could focus in providing opportunities for training on quinoa cultivation applying modern techniques and to connect research with the market needs. Exploring funding opportunities for a large scale collaborative project with many countries.
What communication tools do you expect for a network?
- site webwebsitePágina web
- notes d'informationnewsletterBoletín de información
- nouveaux outils de collaborationnew collaborative tools availableHerramientas de colaboración
- Co-écriture d'articlesco-writing papersCo-escritura de Artículos
Other, specify social media
Do you have any suggestions for people to invite to the quinoa network (Name - contact email) ? 1) Dr Dimitrios Vlachostergios / Agronomy & Plant Breeding /Assistant Researcher / Hellenic Agricultural Organization "Demeter". N.AG.RE.F./ Industrial and Forage Crops Institute. 2) Dr Dimitrios Baxevanos / Plant Breeder / Assistant Researcher / Hellenic Agricultural Organization "Demeter". N.AG.RE.F./ Industrial and Forage Crops Institute.