Berhanu Amsalu Fenta
Last Name Berhanu Amsalu
First Name Fenta
Your function legume & quinoa breeder, and coordinator
Your institution Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR)
Type of organization
- Centre de rechercheResearch centerCentro de investigación
Your area of work
Theme of expertise
- Agronomie et Systèmes de cultureAgronomy and Cropping systemsSistemas de Cultivos
First working language Anglais | English | Ingles
What do you expect of a collaborative network on quinoa? I expect as this workshop will give a favorable condition to network with other regional countries & also with FAO. This might help to exchange information & experimental materials.
What degree of interest do you have in professional networks? I have a great interest to make professional networking with different scientists who has different expertise & experiences.
What suggestions would you make for the future development of the quinoa network? In the future the development of quinoa should be designed in such a way to address the problem of food, nutrition & income security of the growers. This needs clearly mapping the value chain of quinoa, up to marketing & processing.
What communication tools do you expect for a network?
- site webwebsitePágina web
- notes d'informationnewsletterBoletín de información
- veille thématiquethematic press-monitoring serviceAvisos temáticos
- nouveaux outils de collaborationnew collaborative tools availableHerramientas de colaboración
- Co-écriture d'articlesco-writing papersCo-escritura de Artículos
Do you have any suggestions for people to invite to the quinoa network (Name - contact email) ? Kassay Negash
Are you directly responsible for conducting quinoa crop trials in your country? ? Oui - Yes - Si