Last Name Wu
First Name Geyang
Your function Ph.D. candidate
Your institution Washington State University
Type of organization
- Institution internationaleInternational organizationOrganización internacional /
Postal address .
City Pullman, WA
Other country U.S.A
Your area of work
Your expertise to share within the network
Theme of expertise
- Marchés et FilièresMarkets and Food Chains ValuesMercados y Alimentos
- Transformation Post-récoltePost Harvesting processPostcosecha
- Alimentation humaineHuman food and nutritionAlimentación y nutrición humana
First working language AnglaisEnglishIngles
Other language, specify Seed quality and sensory evaluation
That the network can bring you
What do you expect of a collaborative network on quinoa? The network should bring breeder, farmer, food manufacturer, and retailer together, so that they would understand the needs and concerns of each other, and eventually provide the best quinoa to consumer and benefit everyone who work on quinoa.
What degree of interest do you have in professional networks? I'm very interested in professional networks. It is significant to borrow experience from other scientists and labs. Collaborating would make more excellent and significant work.
What suggestions would you make for the future development of the quinoa network? Quinoa work should reach to food companies such as ConAgra, Cargill, Red Bob's Mill, etc. They would know better how to sell more quinoa to consumer -- More farmers will want to grow quinoa if they know where to sell them in a good price. Additionally, seed processing expertise (clean, remove saponins) are needed.
What communication tools do you expect for a network?
- site webwebsitePágina web
- notes d'informationnewsletterBoletín de información
- Co-écriture d'articlesco-writing papersCo-escritura de Artículos
Do you have any suggestions for people to invite to the quinoa network (Name - contact email) ? Kevin Murphy